Please, put here your problems as comment. We complete solutions list together.
List of problems / solutions (WIP)
Problem: Some rubble appears white in some levels (and a lot of things missing that I could not notice).
Reason: First version of installer has a typo bug and create an incorrect folder
Solution: You have to download Installer/Config Tool version 3.0b and overwrite exe into your "crysis 2\ mods\MaLDoHDv3" folder and run config tool OR you can search for "crysis 2\mods\MaLDoHDv3\gamecrysis2\objects\libray" folder and rename to "library".
Problem: Installer says "Selected path does not appear to be valid." when select crysis 2 path.
Reason: Program look for crysis2.exe into "[selected path]\bin32", so it's possible that you have another name for the crysis 2 main executable.
Solution: Rename to crysis2.exe, launch installer and when installation finish you will can rename to custom name again.
Problem: Message "ERROR - MaLDoHD Mod files don't match as expected" when click OK in Advanced Config.
Reason: Config tool update three things here:
- Crysis 2\autoexec.cfg
- Crysis 2\mods\MaLDoHDv3\gamecrysis2\config\CVarGroup\ -> all files
- Crysis 2\mods\MaLDoHDv3\MaLDoHD.cfg
If it finds some permission problem or missing folder, that message appear.
Temporal solution: Download this file Config Tool with Specific Error message and overwrite your setup exe into crysis 2\mods\MaLDoHDv3. Run config and click OK. Then write here your new error message.
Problem: BlackFire TOD and QMod options says "Integration is not available yet"
Reason: Integration is not available yet.
Solution: Wait for 3.0c patch. I don't recommend to use actual versions of BlackFire TOD or QMod because putting a mission0.xml within a level folder, it makes the game use that file instead of the file that is inside .pak so you're playing original levels and not MaLDoHD version with fixes and improvements.
Problem: Installer or Config Tool crashes at launch.
Reason: I don't know. Please put your problem here as comment.
Solution1: Try uninstall and install again .NET Framework 2.0. You can find here .NET Framework 2.0 redistributable
Solution2: You can make a manual installation and configuration with those steps:
- Copy or move MaLDoHDv3 folder to your "crysis 2\mods\" folder
- Create a shortcut for "crysis 2\bin32\crysis2.exe" using "-mod MaLDoHDv3" as parameters
- Download Recommended settings and put into your crysis 2 root folder.
Problem: When I exit first "Road Rage" building, I see a white wall and pillar.
Reason: Is a bug. I accidentally put some older version of some maps and those elements has not material assigned.
Solution: Wait for 3.0c patch.
Known bugs list (thank you Jakub)
- Incorrect effect when shooting coffee glasses in Battery Park
- Wall and pillar without material in Road Rage level start.
-Fire exit doors material transparency seems incorrect. Affect some doors in Warehouse, Hive and Roosevelt levels.
- Bank windows dissappear in Spear cinematic
- Nanosuit trophies dissapear in prism and nanosuit v1 head problem
- Missing material definition for alternative fallen decals in Convoy level
- Too dark aliens in Prism2 when are into shadows